Female Corp member who died in Kano orientation camp was First Class student

A female corp member, Miss Ifedolapo Amoke Oladepo who died on November 29 in Kano National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) Orientation camp was a First Class Student.

This sad news have been circulating on social media today and Nigerians are outraged at how a promising life has been cut short just like that. Tributes have continued to flow like rivers of water.

Looking at her pictures with such beautiful smile on her face breaks even the most hardened hearts.

Mothers are shedding tears and fathers are gnashing their teeth. People are feeling the pains of her family members. Some are calling for the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC to be scrapped.

Late Ifedolapo

Late Ifedolapo

According to one Sen Ajibolu Marcarony Yusuff, who appears to be a relation of the deceased, Ifedolapo called home five hours to her death and told her older sister, Mrs. Oyeyode Abimbola (a nurse) to start coming to her Kano orientation camp because, as alleged, the NYSC doctors were not giving enough care.

Yusuff said the late 26-year-old corps member who graduated with a First Class degree in Transport Management from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho, was given injection at the orientation camp’s clinic, but that she called home to say that she had reacted to the injection, as she noticed visible rashes all over her body.

Later, Yusuff claimed, Ifedolapo called home to complain of tongue-twisting, and was reportedly given another injection.

Yusuff continued, “When a male doctor agreed to speak with her sister (Oyeyode Abimbola), he explained that Ifedolapo was having anaphylaxis (acute allergic reaction) and that they intended to place her under observation for an hour before transferring her to Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital.”

Yusuff claimed that it took about five hours before the camp management transferred Ifedolapo to General Hospital, Gwazo, instead of the AKTH as promised.
She allegedly became incommunicado, as she could no longer be reached on phone.

Thirteen hours later, the family allegedly received a call from the Kano State NYSC camp officials informing them of her death.

In reaction to the issue, the Head of the NYSC Press and Public Relations in Abuja, Mrs. Bosede

Aderibigbe, said that Ifedolapo was sick when she arrived the Kano orientation camp, and that she did not die of stress as her relations and friends thought.


Woman. Journalist. Writer. Blogger. Non Conformist. Rebel. Daring. Creative. Amazing. Unstoppable.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *