10 things women shouldn’t do if they want to retain their youthful looks
There are some things women shouldn’t do if they want to retain their youthful looks.
These days, when you see some 50 year old and 60 year old women, you can’t help but silently wish to have their bodies.
This is because these women look so pretty, hot and elegant. They give 20 year olds a run for their money.
I was scrolling through Facebook today and saw a post by a Facebook friend who turned 50 recently.
She shared some things she doesn’t do that makes her glow from the inside out and yours truly decided to share with you babes.
Here’s her post:
“List of things I don’t do:
When I meet people for the first time and they find out my age, they are first and foremost very surprised, then the next question they ask me is, what I do to maintain my beautiful body?
My first and constant response is to always say God and my DNA but recently, I came up with the list of ‘the things that I don’t do’.
1. I don’t envy people. I thank God that the spirit of envy is not in my life, envy ages and it ultimately leads to bitterness.
2. I don’t self hate. I’m always appalled at how easily some people, mostly women say how much they hate a part of their body etc. When I look in the mirror, I’m always grateful. I don’t care about my muffin top, I just dress appropriately.
3. I don’t hang around negative people. I stay far away from negative carrying human beings, people that can never have anything positive to say about others, so quick to condemn, and criticize. I do appreciate constructive criticism but outside that, I run!
4. I don’t ever put myself under undue pressure. You will never find me ‘Following the Joneses’ it’s not pride it’s just that. If it does not agree with me, I’m just not doing it. I’d rather walk alone than kill myself trying to be like others.
5. I don’t clout chase. One thing that is affecting a lot of young and old women alike these days is the fact that they want to be among. They want to feel among the so called ‘it people’ to the detriment of their mental health, so they become ‘people pleasers’ and door mats’ etc just so they can ‘Sit with their perceived A listers.. Sometimes staying on your lane and being ‘unbothered’ keeps the lines and wrinkles away.
6. I don’t carry unforgiveness in my heart. One of the major aging factor is unforgiveness. I learnt a long time ago to forgive people who hurt me, there is no heaviness in my heart. Please note, forgiveness does not mean stupidity.
7. I don’t sit around idle people. People who don’t have much doing will bring you down to their level quickly and also, being busy does not allow me dwell on meaningless things etc.
8. I don’t smoke. This is a personal choice of mine, I’m not begrudging anyone who does.
9. I also barely ever drink, yes to occasional glass here and there when I’m out, also this is a personal choice, please don’t quote me but if you do, do it right.
10. I’m very careful what I eat, mostly because I suck at exercising but the truth of the matter is that you can’t at over 40 engage in eating the way you use to eat when you were a teenager.
Lastly, let’s embrace aging, we all will and must age, it’s a natural cause of nature, I encourage you today to embrace life and choose happiness.
Written by Abby Ikomi, Founder/Creative Director, House of Irawo.
So if you are always asking ‘what should a woman do to maintain youthful look?’ Try embracing these tips.