How to stop being a victim in life
If you look at it well, life has no victims. There are no victims in this life except you make yourself one. Life gives you what you invest in it. It’s not magic.
You must stop pointing fingers at someone else and blaming them for how you turned out today. Take responsibility for your life.
Don’t hide in the corner, pointing fingers at your past. Don’t keep wallowing in self pity blaming others for not helping you. Don’t sit under the table, talking about someone who hurt you.
Instead, stand up and face your past. Face your fears. Face your pain. And let it all out. Then you let go and face your future with optimism.
You may have to do so kicking and screaming and crying, you may try and fail but by all means face it!
Don’t be a coward. Cowards don’t do great things. They don’t succeed where others fail. They don’t do things differently. Cowards don’t make impact in life.
Face your life. Invest in your life. Own your life. Live your life. Enjoy your life. If you don’t enjoy your life, who will?
Do you want to know how to stop being a victim in life? These 10 steps will help you:
1. Make a conscious decision to stop thinking and talking like a victim. You are what you call yourself. This is how to stop being a victim and become a victor.
2. Being a victim in life is a choice. You must decide to live your life differently. Live like a victor and refuse to go through life with a victim mentality. It won’t do you good.
3. You need to stop thinking about yourself as a victim. You must learn to react to life’s challenges and difficulties differently. Stop getting worked up when things don’top getting worked up when things don’t work out as planned.
4. Stop playing victim to circumstances you created by taking responsibility for your actions, decisions and inactions. You are am adult and you should be able to own your decisions without blaming others.
5. You can stop being a victim by saying no to people who are only interested in using you for their selfish gains. You don’t have to please everyone on life. Learn to stand your ground and take back your power.
6. Learn how to stop playing the victim in a relationship. If you don’t like what your partner is doing or how they are treating you, say so. Don’t be complacent in your own abuse. What you allow will continue.
7. Whenever you start feeling defensive and getting ready to blame yourself for how your life turned out, stop for a while by putting a visual stop sign in your mind. Be conscious of your thoughts and control them.
8. Take steps to achieve something no matter how small. That feeling of completing something will give you the much needed boost to keep going in life. No matter how small, learn something new.
9. Tell yourself you were created to be great. Feed your mind, body and soul with positive affirmations. They will help you feel empowered to go after the things you want. Push through your fear by empowering yourself with I can and I will statements.
10. Step outside your comfort zone by doing things differently. Doing this isn’t always easy. It can feel like it’s too much effort, but becoming proactive in creating the kind of life you want will yield good results if you don’t give up.
Make small lifestyle changes one day at a time and see how better your life will turn out. You can live the life you want by changing how you see yourself.