10 reasons women should speak up for themselves
Woman, speak up for yourself. Be your own advocate.
In life, no one will hand you anything. You have to work hard to design the kind of life you want for yourself.
1. For starters, don’t be silent about issues regarding your life. Once it concerns you, do everything within your power to take responsibility for it. Have your interest at heart.
2. Don’t let others impose their limiting beliefs on you. Their beliefs are not your reality. Live life on your own terms and be bold about what you want out of life.
3. Don’t allow other people take decisions about your life and future. Don’t give your power to others. You are responsible for your life. You are responsible for how you will turn out.
4. Define your own life. Invest in your life. Build your future. No one can do that for you. You are your first responsibility.
5. Don’t forget that you are your greatest cheerleader. You are your own star, so shine brightly.
6. Even when people don’t believe in you, believe in yourself. Don’t look down on yourself and your efforts.
7. Do the best that you can do and let that be enough. You have to bear in mind that your efforts are adding up to make your dreams a reality.
8. Silence means approval. When you keep allowing people walk all over you, you won’t make headway in life. Speak out and stand for something.
9. Don’t be afraid of not being liked by everyone. No matter what people think about you and your life’s journey, hold your head high. It is your right to take a stand about issues you are passionate about. Speak up for yourself.
10. When you fall or fail, don’t stay down. Get up. Dust yourself and move on. Learn from your mistakes. Draw a new plan for your success and work towards it.