There are some simple lifestyle changes that will make your weight loss journey easier.
Weight loss is not an easy journey. It is full of ups and downs, victories and failures, laughter and disappointment.
I have been working out for three years now and I can tell you from experience that it is not easy to lose weight and keep the kilos away.
If you lose weight and go back to eating junk, not working out or talking long walks, you will add all the weight back. Consistency is key to weight loss.
Below are 10 steps that will help you on your weight loss journey:
1. Drink a glass of water before and after every meal. This will help you not to overeat. Water is your best friend on this journey. Avoid sugary drinks of any kind. Avoid soda drinks and energy drinks at all costs.
2. If you don’t want to get discouraged on your weight loss journey, don’t weigh yourself everyday. You should do that monthly to avoid beating yourself up about not losing weight like you desire.
3. Make protein the star of your meals. Eat fatty fish, white meat, beans, eggs, broccoli, almonds, oats and shrimps.
4. Eat a salad a day or add a serving of vegetables at every meal. Vegetables contain fewer calories and make you lose weight.
5. When eating, avoid distractions. Don’t eat in front of the television as it will make you overeat. Eat slowly, chew your food carefully.
6. Utilize every opportunity to take more steps daily. Take the stairs, walk more and walk around while making phonecalls.
7. Remind yourself that no food is off limits. You just need to eat your favourite in small portions. If you restrict a particular food in your diet too much, you might be tempted to overeat someday.
8. Portion your snacks instead of eating from the original packages. You can snack more on fruits and vegetables. Carrots, garden eggs, cucumber and apples are healthy snacks. Eat them in moderation.
9. Drink black coffee, green tea, black tea and vegetable juice to lose weight. You can also make cucumber, lemon, mint leaves and ginger water to enjoy flavoured drink.
10. Give yourself time to lose weight in a healthy way. Avoid short cuts.