To live a life without regrets, you must play by some rules.
Women, you have to know that you have this one life to live. You must be determined to live it well, live it to the full, express your greatest potentials, do the things you want to do and live without regrets.
How do you live life without regrets? You do that by sticking to the points outlined below.
Here are ten things you should always bear in mind as you live your life as a Nigerian woman so that you can live a life without regrets…
1. Your past cannot be changed, but you have the power to change your future. No matter what happened to you, who hurt you or who abandoned you when you needed them the most, you can change your present and future if you decide to.
2. Other people’s opinion shouldn’t bother you because they don’t define who you really are. Let them think whatever they want of you. Be focused on being the best version of yourself.
3. Everyone’s journey is different, stop competing with your fellow travellers. Stop craving other people’s lives when you don’t know their story.
4. Things get better with time no matter how bleak they may look now. This is how to live your best life and one without regrets. Be hopeful. Be positive. Have faith.
5. Happiness must come from within, no one can make you happy except yourself. Stop running after people to make you happy. Find out the things that make you happy and do them.
6. Watch your thoughts, they affect your mood, your behaviour and ultimately, your life. Even though negative thoughts may come, trash them with positive ones.
7. Smile often. Smile when you don’t feel like it. Smiles are contagious. Let the world be blessed with your smiles. Smile at strangers, children, friends, neighbors and be positive.
8. Don’t let the world change who you are. Be kind always. Don’t be hardened by your experiences. Just be wise about the people you surround yourself with. Stay away from energy drainers and users.
9. It’s okay to let go and move on. Stop carrying dead weight around. Shed those excess negative feelings and look forward to your future.
10. Be yourself. That’s your power. Stop trying so hard to be like someone else. You will disrupt your life. Be real. You are special.
Don’t forget to enjoy life too. Have fun. Play. Sing. Dance. Celebrate the life you have. Things will get better.