Gbemi Anthonia Adefuye, known professionally as Toni Tones, is a Nigerian media personality, actress, and photographer.
Toni Tones recently revealed why some men hate women who empower other women because empowered women are harder to control.
Toni Tones wrote:
“Some men hate women who empower other women, because an empowered woman is a woman that is harder to control.
They don’t want women knowing that their body is for them and only them. They don’t want women knowing what they deserve.
They don’t want women hearing about what they shouldn’t put up with. They don’t want women to be confident or to know they have authority over their own lives.
When a man passionately dislikes a woman who is known for empowering other women, ask him why he dislikes her.
Often the reasons given are fickle and insignificant because they are too ashamed to give the real reason; which is “she makes women feel powerful and I don’t like that.”
To be empowered means having the knowledge, confidence, means or ability to do things or make decisions for oneself. This is what many Nigerian women are lack because they depend on men to make decisions for them and control their lives.
Women’s empowerment is all about equipping and allowing women to make life-determining decisions through the different problems in society.
An empowered woman knows that to live authentically and with integrity, she must challenge rules and norms that keep women stuck, playing small, or quiet.
She questions traditions that don’t allow women the opportunity to speak their minds, own their ideas, and create their own rules.
She makes decisions based on her intuition and core values not on what society thinks she should do.
She takes risks because she knows they are necessary for personal and professional fulfillment and growth.
How do you empower yourself as a woman?
1. Stand up for yourself. You are your own advocate.
2. Take care of yourself physically, spiritually, mentally and socially.
3. Be positive and live a peaceful life.
4. Learn to say no to users and manipulators.
5. Surround yourself with people who love and respect you.
6. Choose to be a warrior not a victim. Your mindset matters.
7. Invest in yourself and don’t stop learning new things.
8. Empower other women anytime you have the opportunity to do so.
9. Make money. Invest in different businesses.
10. Let go of relationships, and people that drain you.