They say peace is priceless and I agree. If you don’t have peace, you won’t live a good life. If you lack peace in your relationships, you won’t enjoy life to the full.
So what are some of the things that rob Nigerian women of the peace they desperately desire in their relationships and marriages? They are outlined below.
If you want to live a peaceful life, stop doing these 20 things:
1. Trying to change who you are to please someone because you don’t want the person to leave.
2. Arguing with people who are committed to misunderstanding you. These people are so critical and don’t deserve your time.
3. Wasting energy on one-sided relationships. If you are the only one making efforts to keep a relationship, please bounce.
4. Overcommitting your time to relationships when you don’t have the energy to do so. You don’t have to over exert yourself to keep a relationship going.
5. Accepting and excusing toxic behavior because that is more comfortable than change. Nigerian women need to stop doing this.
6. Allowing dysfunctional family members to steal your joy. This is not good for your mental health. Stay away from toxic people even if they are family.
7. Trying to fix people as an “act of “love.” Many Nigerian women think they were created to fix damaged men and this is why they destroy themselves while trying to fix these men.
8. Discarding your boundaries to fit (uncomfortably) in other people’s lives. Stop doing this. If you don’t have relationship boundaries, people will take you for a long, unpleasant ride.
9. Holding on to limiting beliefs about your life, self-worth, and potential. You become what you believe you are. If you want peace, stop limiting yourself.
10. Pretending to be happy when you are hurting. This won’t do you any good. Expressing your true feelings doesn’t make you weak, it makes you human.
10. Silencing your voice and not naming your needs in relationships. If you don’t speak up for yourself and state what you need, you won’t get them.
11. Overthinking about your past, your mistakes and things you cannot change. No matter how much you think about your mistakes and challenges, you won’t change the past but you can change the future by making better choices.
12. Holding onto people you have outgrown because of the time invested in the relationship. Learn to drop dead weight as you go through life.
13. Going along to get along will rob you of peace in life. If you don’t like something or someone, let them know. Stop pretending about your feelings.
14. Overlooking your blessings and comparing your life to someone else’s. So many women are guilty of this. If you want peace, stop living your life through other people’s achievements.
15. Abandoning yourself, your truth, and integrity just to fit in. This is not the best way to live a peaceful life. Stay true to yourself. What’s for you will get to you without you compromising your integrity.
16. Waiting for external validation to boost your confidence. You should know that you are your own greatest cheerleader. If you don’t encourage yourself, people will toy with you. Validate yourself.
17. Trying to change people who were committed to staying the same. You cannot change someone who doesn’t want to change. If you want peace, stop doing this.
18. Refusing to improve yourself because you want to remain in a relationship. This is one of the worst mistakes a woman can make in a relationship. Don’t stop improving yourself because of a man.
19. Saying yes when you should say no. Some women think that saying yes to the tantrums of the men in their lives will make these men loyal. You are on a long thing.
20. Refusing to acknowledge that you are being abused, used and manipulated. Deep down, you know something is not right with your relationship but you keep lying to yourself and other people. You are toying with your peace of mind.
Dear Nigerian women, now is the time to live free!