Today, May 6th, 2021, Nigerians all over the world received the sad news that Pastor Dare Adeboye died.
Reports stated that he died in his sleep on Wednesday, May 5, in Eket, Akwa Ibom state where he pastors one of the RCCG churches.
The late Pastor Dare Adeboye was well known in the Redeemed Christian Church of God popularly known as RCCG for his pastoral work that has taken him to different places.
The news of his death has dominated different social media platforms. From Instagram to Facebook, to Google searches and Twitter, his demise is a trending topic right now.
President Muhammad Buhari took to Twitter to extend his heartfelt condolences to Pastor Adeboye over the death of his son. He prayed that God will give the family and associates of the church the fortitude to bear the loss.
The Vice President, Yemi Osinbanjo visited Pastor Adeboye and his wife this morning to commiserated with them over the sudden death of the beloved Pastor. He prayed for strength for the family to bear the loss.
This is such a sad time for Nigerians especially the Adeboye family and members of The Redeemed Christian Church of God worldwide.
Here are 5 things you should know about the late Pastor Dare Adeboye:
1. He was one of the most influential youth pastors in the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) worldwide.
2. He was fondly referred to as “Pastor Dee” by members of RCCG.
3. Pastor Dare Adeboye would have turned 43 on June 9, 2021.
2. He held previous posts in the RCCG with evangelical missions in England, Kaduna, Abuja, Niger, Benue, Kwara, Kogi, Nasarawa, and Plateau states.
3. He is married to Mrs. Temiloluwa Adeboye and they are blessed with children.
4. Apart from his pastoral work, Pastor Dare was known as a life coach, a visionary leader, motivator, and bridge-builder especially among the youths of the church.
5. The late Pastor Dare Adeboye was the third child of 79-year-old Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest churches in Africa and the world.